Provincial Court

Change of Name

The Change of Name Act does not require you to file your application for a change of name with the Court. The necessary application forms and instructions as to how to complete them are available by contacting any Government Service Centre. However, you will be required to make an application to the Court in the event that you need to obtain a court order dispensing with a required consent to the proposed change of name. You may use the Application PDF form available on this site for that type of application to the Court.