Summary Conviction Criminal Appeals

Regardless of the proceeding involved or form used, it is the litigant’s responsibility to ensure that documents filed with the court contain all the necessary information and comply with the applicable rules and law. Please read this disclaimer before using the forms. The official version of the forms can be found on the House of Assembly website.

When you click on a link to a form, it will open in a new window. The forms are in writable PDF (Adobe) format. They use a fill-in-the blank format and are best viewed with the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can complete the forms online and print them or you can save them to your computer so that you can return to them later. The forms can be saved to your computer with the following steps:

  • Click on the link to a form and select “File” and “Save As” from your Web Browser menu
  • Choose a save location and save the form to your computer
  • Use Adobe Reader on your computer to open the form and enter your information
  • If you would like to save the form with the information you have entered, select “File” and “Save” from the Adobe Reader menu

You can now use Adobe Reader to return to the form and your information at any time.

If you require more space than is provided on the form, you may attach additional pages to your document.

If you have any questions or comments about the forms, you may contact the court house in your area. Please note that court staff cannot provide legal advice.


Notice of Appeal

This form is to be used when filing an appeal to the Supreme Court Trial Division from a decision made against you in the Provincial Court.  It is normally used for summary conviction (minor) offences such as offences under the Highway Traffic Act and the Wildlife Act.


Application for Extension

This form is to be used when the time has expired for filing a Notice of Appeal (usually 30 days after conviction).  You must file this document with the Supreme Court Trial Division and appear before a Judge to request extra time in which to file your Notice of Appeal.


Affidavit of Service

This form is to be used to certify that a document has been served.  It is a sworn document which indicates that a party involved in a court matter is in receipt of a court document, the identity of the person who delivered the document to that party, and whether the party was served with the document personally or by other means, such as registered mail.


Notice to Respondent

A notice given by the plaintiff / applicant to all other parties indicating that he / she intends to have the matter heard by a judge on a certain date.